Recruitment: BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER - FRESH FOODS
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER- FRESH FOODS
- Armagh / Fermanagh / Omagh Town Area
- Not disclosed
- Permanent full-time
- Updated 19/07/2018
Excellent opportunity for a Business Development Manager- Fresh Foods based in Omagh, Fermanagh and Lurgan.
McBride Retail Group Career Opportunity
Business Development Manager- Fresh Foods
The McBride Retail Group is one of Northern Irelands largest Independent SPAR Retailers with 11 hugely successful SPAR stores situated throughout counties Tyrone, Fermanagh and Armagh. The group have a strategy in place to develop and increase Fresh Food participation in the stores. A major part of this is Relish Deli which is perfectly suited to today’s busy lifestyles, offering a no fuss, grab and go range that caters for both modern and traditional tastes. Only the Freshest, Quality, Local Produce has been selected for the range that includes salads, artisan breads, cooked meats and handcrafted pastries.
We are social! Connect with us on Facebook or Twitter
Business Development Manager: Fresh Foods
Due to continued growth and the expansion of the Fresh Foods offering within our stores we invite applications for the New role of Business Development Manager - Fresh Foods.
The Fresh Foods BDM will be responsible for the delivery and execution of all aspects of our Fresh Foods development strategy throughout the Group. This includes ‘Food To Go’, Produce, Dairy & Bakery.
Initially, the primary focus will be on the continued growth and the expansion of our successful Relish Deli brand which has become famous for providing great hot and cold Food-To-Go offerings across 9 of our SPAR stores. The successful candidate will be responsible for delivering the Food-to Go’ vision, mission, values, and objectives within all Relish Deli’s throughout the Group.
If you have a passion for food, have the ability to motivate and inspire others and are looking for your next career challenge, then this is the role for you!
Key responsibilities of the role:
- Increase fresh foods sales, including Food to Go across all our stores.
- Increase Fresh foods participation and profitability.
- Implement the Business Strategy for Range and Pricing.
- Delivery of KPI’S to include Sales, Wastage, Profitability, Wages and Customer Service in line with agreed target’s.
- Develop a “grab and go”/ take home solution suitable for our SPAR Stores.
- Develop a Strategy for driving footfall to our stores through development of the fresh foods departments.
- Responsible for the HR function- Recruitment, Induction, Coaching and to maximise our team’s capability.
- The delivery of excellent and consistent standards across all our Relish Deli’s.
- Responsible for New Product Development, Pricing and Budgets.
- Implement a Promotional Strategy across all Relish Deli’s.
- Effective staffing to cover key trading times and customer requirements while having effective cost controls in place.
- Responsible for delivering all legislative compliance including EHO, FSA Scoring, Trading standards etc.
- Previous experience of fresh food and Food to Go is essential. Ideally within a FMCG environment.
- Previous experience of leading and managing a team.
- The ability to demonstrate experience of effectively managing targets and controlling costs.
- Commercially aware of the fresh food market place and ability to utilise that knowledge to drive sales performance.
- Ability to identify and maximise opportunities to grow Fresh Foods and the Relish Brand.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong customer focus and ability to motivate and inspire others to deliver the best possible customer service.
- Must have a driving licence and be prepared to travel daily between stores.
- Excellent IT Skills
In return we offer
The successful applicant will receive a full-time, permanent position that offers high levels of job satisfaction and job security. We also offer a competitive salary and attractive bonus structure. The successful candidate will enjoy use of a company car, laptop and mobile phone.
Applicants should note that based on the response, the Company may increase the shortlisting criteria.
This is a full-time position and flexibility is required with regards to hours of work and may include weekends.
To apply please click the CLICK HERE and send your CV
Closing date: 31st August 2018